Benefits for Skills for Academic, Vocational, and English Studies (SAVES) Eligible Students
Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), Adult Education, SAVES program covers block tuition, tuition, fees, textbooks, instructional materials, and supplies for
- All Adult General Education (AGE) courses:
- English Language Instruction (ELI): A six-level program that teaches students how to listen, speak, read, and write English;
- Adult Basic Education (ABE);
- Citizenship preparation;
- General Education Development (GED) preparation;
- Success Management Academy (SMA) GED in Spanish;
- Success Management Academy (SMA) GED in Spanish Test.
- Post-Secondary Adult Vocational/Technical (PSAV) Training:
- All vocational/technical courses available through M-DCPS***
- Other Services Provided:
- Degree translation and validation services;
- Bus Passes at selected sites, based on the availability of funds;
- Referrals to childcare and employment providers;
- Interpretation and Assistance for deaf and hard of hearing clients;
- Course advise case management and counseling.
Classes are offered in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and on weekends. Check the school nearest you for more information.
*** Cuban and Haitian Nationals who do not have a refugee, asylee, or parolee status must possess a valid work permit to enroll in vocational/technical courses. The SAVES program is sponsored by the Florida Department of Children and Families, Refugee Services Program, and is funded solely with grants from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement.