Eligibility Requirements for SAVES
Asylee and Refugee
Entrant and Parolee
Restricted to Cubans and Haitians
Victims of Human Trafficking
Only with a certified letter from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (ORR Certification Letter-Trafficking Victim, to be verified by calling the number listed at the bottom of the letter.)
- I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) or passport with one of the following statuses stamped on it:
- Asylee → Any nationality
- Entrant→ Cubans and Haitians
- Public Interest→ Cubans and Haitians
- Pending Removal Hearing → Cubans and Haitians
- Parolee → Cubans and Haitians
- Refugee → Any nationality
- Amerasian (Codes AM1, AM2, or AM3)
- Asylum Approval Letter → Any nationality
- Cuban Lottery Parolee
- CU6 Cuban Adjustment Act → Individuals must show previously held eligibility (ex: A Parole that is still within the five-year limit) to qualify for the program; otherwise, Not eligible.
- HF, HR, and HT → Haitian Family Reunification Parole (HFRP) Program
- I-220A Order of Release on Recognizance → Cubans and Haitians
- I-327 Reentry Permit (permanent residents) Previously held status needed for Cuban/Haitian Entrants.
- I-551 Resident Alien/Permanent Resident Card with the appropriate category/code and eligible date → Any nationality
- I-571 Refugee Travel Document – Refugees and Asylees → Any nationality
- I-589 Receipt of Asylum Application → Cubans and Haitians
- I-776 Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD) with the appropriate category/code. Common codes for Cubans and Haitians are CO8 and C11. For other codes, contact the SAVES district office.
- I-797 USCIS Notice of Action/Receipt→ Cubans and Haitians
- I-797A USCIS Notice of Approval – Refugee/Asylee Relative → Any nationality
- I-797C USCIS Notice of Action/Receipt of Asylum Application → Cubans and Haitians
- I-862 Notice to Appear → Cubans and Haitians
- In Removal Proceedings → Cubans and Haitians
- Order of Immigration Judge – Asylum Granted → Any nationality. The right to appeal must be waived by DHS to be eligible. See bottom of the form for appeal.
- ORR Certification Letter →Trafficking Victim or Victim of Trafficking (VOT) of Any Nationality (MUST call the number at the bottom of the letter for verification).
- Special Immigrants of Iraqi or Afghan Nationality (SI1 or SI6, SI2 or SI7, SI3 or SI8; SQ1 or SQ6, SQ2 or SQ7, SQ3 or SQ8, etc.)
- Victim of Trafficking Family Member eligibility →Certification letter is not required; Immigration status T2/3/4/5/6 is required.
- Vietnamese Passport Amerasian Documentation
NOTE: Eligible documents must be within the five-year limit, from the date of entry or eligibility, to receive services.
CONTACT A SAVES SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVE FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION
The SAVES program is sponsored by the Florida Department of Children and Families, Refugee Services Program, and is funded solely with grants from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement.