Eligibility for SAVES
Refugee and Asylee
Parolee and Entrant
Restricted to Cubans and Haitians.
Victims of Human Trafficking
Only with a certified letter from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
(ORR Certification Letter-Trafficking Victim)
Documents Required (Only one is needed to prove eligibility.)
- I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) and/or passport with one of these stamped on it:
- Asylum-Any nationality
- Refugee-Any nationality (RE5 only applies to Haitians
- Parole- Only for Cubans/Haitians
- Cuban/Haitian Entrant
- Cuban/Haitian Public Interest
- Cuban/Haitian Pending Removal Hearing
- I-551 Resident Alien/Permanent Resident Card.
- I-776 Employment Authorization Documentation (EAD).
- USCIS Asylum Letter.
- Order of Immigration Judge.
- I-571 Refugee Travel Document (Used by Refugee and Asylee).
- I-327 Reentry Permit.
- Cuban Lottery Parolee Applies to Cuban Entrants.
- I-797C USCIS Notice of Action. Receipt of Asylum Application.
- I-862 Notice to Appear.
- I-220A Order of Release on Recognizance.
- I-794A USCIS Notice of Approval (Applies to Refugee/Asylee Relative).
- Vietnamese Passport Amerasian Documentation
- ORR Certification letter-Trafficking Victim.
- Family Member Eligibility-Trafficking Victim.
- Special Immigrants of Iraqi or Afghan Nationality